Thursday, July 06, 2006

Independance Day.

So, I had to take a break from the trip blog to write this one.

Monday I find out that the local Cub Scout Pack is holding a Pinewood Derby race tomorrow. Nice. Wished I'd found out about it a week or so ago, I would have ordered some trick parts... Oh well.

Then I get asked to help buld one. Great... So, I get the local supply mom to get me a kit. Only, after she gets here, she finds out that several other kids want one. Me, being the nice person I am, I let them have my kit. Of course, one of them (Austin.) asks me to help him with his. A quick call to Stan, the local Patriarch and town Mayor, and we are in the shop, cutting wood and sanding/polishing axles.

It's been sort of a secret desire of mine to build a PWD car ever since I first learnd the practical arts of Aerodynamics and basic Engineering... I was having a blast, and couldn't wait to see how this car would perform. it is only a half inch thick and about an ounce and a half of wood and stuff. the rest is lead, mounted high and to the rear. The car was long, low and Fast!

No comments: