Saturday, June 10, 2006

A lazy Friday

Friday. It was cold last night, and half my bed was wet. We had some rain storms yesterday, and I thought I had my cabin vent closed on the fifth wheel.

Not quite.

My bed got wet. I ended up covering it as best as I could, and wrapped up in a spare sheet. It got me through the night, but it was not completely comfortable. I've slept in worse though.

Spent the morning detailing some of the bits of the plan and such. there is an amazing amount of work that goes into such a project. I also called two of the vendors to see about getting sample APs sent here to test their operation range and ease of software use. We'll see how that goes. I also got Xantrex to give me a bit of a deal on a SWplus 2548 for use in the Hanksville tower site. I left a message for the battery people, but no reply. After I ran out of business hours, I started working on the two Mars Society Generators. I will need to know how they work for the Hanksville site, but I also just want to bring them online, as much to salvage my reputation as anything. I did discover a minor piece of maintenance that we were neglecting. Did you know that there is three screens in the fuel pumps? Neither did I. I cleaned them on both gensets. I think I have a good line on "Casper" but I need a couple gaskets (Northwest Equipment is sending them.) and I am narrowing the power generation issues down. I checked the field coil, replaced the regulator board, and verified a diode the panel all to no avail, now, just because I can, I am starting to replace the control and side box. Don is convinced that is the Generator it's self. I hope he is wrong.

I'll tell you tomorrow.

No comments: