Saturday, June 24, 2006

Sami - I am SO Sorry!

Oh Sami, I am so damn sorry! What brought that on you might ask? Simple. I found Radio Ridge the fist time today. (Well, Today being defined as about a week and a half ago when I first started writing this, but I digress...)

WTF Over?!?!

Ok. Here's the story. I was the commander of MDRS crew 33, the "Mighty C33" and Sami was my journalist. On one of the few surface excursions I went on. (I actually only remember one outside of the immediate campus.) I promised to take Sami to radio ridge. We spent four beautiful hours looking, but I never found it. This time I found not one, but two ways into it immediately. Damn. Sami, I am sorry I didn't find it the first time. I missed the first turn and the rest was never going to happen.

It was really beautiful. As soon as I can pull the pictures off of my camera I'll send them up. Does anyone have a Memory stick Duo to Memory stick adapter they can send me?

In case you are wondering, I went up there for two reasons. 1) I had to inspect some equipment at the Hab and do a little work on the power systems. 2) I met a family at the motel that was interested in MDRS, so I agreed to give them a tour. It was fun.

I am going to start doing this a little differently I think. See the next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding, Paul? I remember these hours as a fantastic journey: roving the lonely desert in spacesuits... More than a dream!