Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sorry, It's been too long...

Long story short, There has been some real shit here, and I really can't write about it yet, but I might soon.

In the mean time, my FMARS travel agent recently asked me what it was like. Someone else (Mel) who saw my answer really liked it and said that I should post it here. So, This was my answer. (She is really good, BTW, and if you are thinking you need someone, she's worth a call.
Maria Spiers
Accent Travel/American Express
512-338-2835
800-444-5634
512-338-2813-Fax
www.accent-travel.com )
Amazing. The 24Hr daylight was wild, I have video of things you would not believe ("Snow Devils" hovering over the road, Adiabatic winds moving snow almost organically, And then there is the hab.) They [the inuk] are a whole different people with a very no nonsense way of looking at things. Either you survive or you don't, and that is a real worry there. A special kind of art and a beauty that only exists there, and is difficult to describe. A people used to having nothing, and using every scrap of it. A hard people used to real hardships, and yet, they are still a happy people willing to extend a hand in friendship or in aid...
Of course, I was there to work, and work I did. not having a darkness, We would sometimes work very late, forgetting the time, only to wake up early the next morning to do it again.

We got a great deal done, and had a great time doing it...

[Of course there is much more to it, But I'll save that for later. Ask me in person if you really want to know.]

In the footsteps of another friend, Here are a couple things I read recently that I thought were interesting.

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/070720_ns_eclipse.html
Just before the Mars Society conference? Coincidence? I think not...

Perhaps one of the more insidious degradations of our privacy from an unsuspected source.



And just plain funny, Even if it's not supposed to be a secured system, Who is taking care of this crap?

I'm trying out for this
, We'll see how it goes...

Hopefully more later.

No comments: